- BBBH796058 Oct 13, 2021 Competitive
An excellent opportunity to progress in your career working for growing Technology company in Cork on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a Help Desk Operator to help us maintain, upgrade and improve our software,
hardware and network.
Troubleshooting is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems
quickly and, should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, chat or email
- diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- research questions using available information resources
- advise user on appropriate action
- follow standard help desk procedures
- log all help desk interactions
- administer help desk software
- follow up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- redirect problems to correct resource
- identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks and Wide Area networks
- prepare activity reports
- inform management of recurring problems
- stay current with system information, changes and updates
- help update training manuals for new and revised software and hardware
- train computer users as necessary
- clean up computers
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- experience researching, analyzing and interpreting automated system problems
- knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good and evolved analytical skills
- Strong attention to details
- Positive attitude
- "Can do" mentality, eager to learn and open to new challenges and new technologies
- Team player
- A naturally helpful and communicative person who loves solving problems
- oral and written communication skills
- learning skills
- customer service orientation
- stress tolerance
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300