General Counsel - US qualified
- BBBH784479 Jun 09, 2021 €120k+
This is a great opportunity for a US qualified senior lawyer to join a small in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing company with global reach in the technology sector based in Cork or remotely
This is a great opportunity for a US qualified senior lawyer to join a small in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing company with global reach in the technology sector based in Cork or remotely. Within a collaborative and supportive team, this role offers a chance to work in a fast-paced commercial environment, with responsibility for a wide range of legal matters.
General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization's legal matters.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment, partners, customer and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization's operations and legal documents.
- Manage the legal team and lead them to excellent performance. Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Liaising with outside counsel
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing organization's intellectual property.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
General Counsel Requirements:
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier US law school.
- 8+ years of practice with an established law firm or company.
- Proficient legal experience in company legal matters.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631