General Counsel - US qualified
- BBBH784479 Jul 29, 2021 €120k+
This is a great opportunity for a US qualified senior lawyer in Ireland to join an in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing company with global reach in the technology sector based in Cork.
This is a great opportunity for a US qualified senior lawyer currently in Ireland to join a small in-house legal team of a rapidly-growing software company with global reach in the technology sector based in Cork or remotely from within Ireland.
Within a collaborative and supportive team, this role offers a chance to work in a fast-paced commercial environment, with responsibility for a wide range of legal matters.
General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Advising executive, senior management on legal matters
- Examining and creating and providing support and advise on agreements, such as employment, partners, customer, leases and vendor agreements.
- Works with the CFO and senior management on employment compensation, share options and equity arrangements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization's operations and legal documents.
- Manage the legal team and lead them to excellent performance. Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Liaising with outside counsel in the US and Ireland
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Anticipate issues and estimate legal risks strategically
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
General Counsel Requirements:
- Admitted to practice is US or Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier US law school.
- 10+ years of practice with an established law firm or software or technology company in Ireland.
- Experience working with B2B software companies with strong experience in closing deals and contracts is essential.
- Proficient legal experience in company legal matters.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631