Credit and Collections Team Lead
- BBBH771962 Jan 04, 2021 Competitive
Exciting new Team Lead role just in with a growing business in Cork. This position is a 12 month contract on a busy Finance Team.
This role with lead a team with the Credit and Collections function providing support to the wider Business in accordance with financial standards, SOX and other regulator requirements. Driving improvements and standardisation is also a key part of this role.
- Oversee the review process & approval of customer Credit Limits and complete credit reviews for own customer portfolio.
- Ensure any new Credit applications are processed & approved in a timely manner & line with the company's Credit policy.
- Establish an annual credit review calendar driven by business needs / seasonality & SOX compliance requirements, and drive execution of same throughout the year.
- Apply judgment when analyzing customer credit profile and exposure so as to make balanced credit recommendations / decisions from a business benefit versus risk standpoint.
- Oversee the cash Collections activities & resolution of residuals, and carry out same for own customer portfolio, in line with O2C's Credit & Collections policy.
- Work with business stakeholders to drive the speedy resolution of disputed invoices & other customer operational queries preventing timely collection of due receivables.
- Oversee the Bad Debt reserve & Month End Close process. Approve controls in accordance with the FR&A group's Risks & Controls Matrix.
- Ensure that any queries & information requests from customers, internal stakeholders or auditors are promptly responded to.
- Ensure compliance of all O2C activities with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules.
- Create an environment that fosters high performance teaming, working in a collective manner to enable business success through delivering the highest quality service.
- Lead performance management and appraisals for the Credit & Collections team, as well as goals setting for team members in agreement with the Credit & Collections Manager.
- Actively monitor workload and escalate inefficiencies & concerns to the Credit & Collections Manager.
- 5+ years of relevant Credit & Collections experience required
- Experience of leading a team Required
- Strong knowledge of Credit & Collection processes and Receivables Accounting required
- Work experience in a multinational &/or shared services type of environment required
- Excellent communication skills required
- SAP experience is beneficial.
If you are interested in this position, please do get in touch with me today.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.