- BBBH815703 May 13, 2022 Competitive
Our client is a market leading consumer finance business who are looking for a Tester to join their Change Management team- 11 Month Contract
Role: Tester- Test Team
Location: Shannon (Hybrid)
Duration: Perm role
The Change Management team is responsible for project delivery across the Irish business including on-boarding new clients, delivering system enhancements and other projects for IT and the business. Ensuring the quality of the solutions delivered is a critical part of the project and the purpose of this role is to support the business by carrying out Testing across all projects within the company.
This role is critical in ensuring the successful delivery of projects within the business and entails test planning, test script development, test execution and reporting of issues to ensure that all solutions meet the required quality criteria in advance of being deployed to live.
- Review business requirements documents (BRD) and functional specifications to understand the functional and technical requirements.
- Develop test scripts by analysing business requirements and engaging with project team members and subject matter experts as necessary.
- Responsible for completing testing on but not limited to Unit testing, End 2 End system roll forward testing, Data Migration testing, Letter testing including Print Q's, Functional testing, Digital Online testing, and Payment Testing.
- Support Change request testing and testing on production IT fixes released to the Testing Team.
- Support Financial testing validating Test scenarios and raising any defects identified during the test cycle.
- Responsible for completing System testing, Functional and Non-Functional testing
- Responsible for validating Test scenarios, test data creation, defect monitoring and regression testing during Testing Phases and defect retesting.
- Issues detected during testing logged to JIRA provided (project management test/ issue management system) providing high-quality low-level details.
- Collaborates with external and internal development teams to address issues found during each test phase, retests and validates fixes have resolved issue.
- Attends daily Test calls to discuss progress of testing and defects that have been identified.
- Collaborates and supports business analysts and business representatives during the requirements elicitation process as needed.
- Execute testing to agreed high standards, prioritize the defects based on importance and severity. Take full ownership for testing on assigned work.
- Adhere to delivery deadlines, identify, and raise risks through appropriate channels.
- Identify defects or gaps in expected functionality in the release cycle and communicate them effectively with appropriate stakeholders from various teams.
- Assist in estimates for project timelines.
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews of test cases, test plans, and test case execution.
Key Performance Indicators
- Successful implementation of IT changes and projects delivered on time
- Work carried out efficiently and accurately.
- Defects are reported promptly with sufficient low-level details.
- Prompt identification of any system issues prioritised and escalate through correct channels. Documents issues clearly, concise, and accurate
- Clear communication with both internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Experience and knowledge of Code of Conduct Mortgage Arrears (CCMA), Consumer Protection Code (CPC) regulations (desirable but not essential as training will be provided)
- Experience and knowledge in Functional Testing / Data Migration (2 to 3 years' experience required) Experience and knowledge in Financial Testing (2 to 3 years' experience required)
- Experience in test planning and test execution
- Familiar with Use Case / Test Methodology (desirable but not essential)
- Experienced in MS Office including Word, Excel, and JIRA
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in the organisation
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- A proven track record of excellent communication skills with the ability to translate client requirements
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300