- BBBH771383 Dec 04, 2020 €70k - €90k
Our client are a leading precision manufacturing provider to multiple engineering sectors in Ireland. They specialise in providing great customer solutions to complex problems.
Delivering first class service and technical support to their customers through their team of highly experienced and capable Engineers and CNC Machinists , they now wish to hire an experienced Engineering Manager to join their skilled team in Shannon.
The opportunity exists for a highly capable Engineering Manager to join this creative, skilled and innovative team and to be part of the future success of the organisation. The ideal candidate should have the skills, knowledge, and knowhow to drive operational excellence whilst balancing the bespoke nature of the customer requirements. As a key member of the management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the high-level engineering projects in addition to managing the supporting resources and processes to enable the business to run effectively and efficiently.
This is a new and exciting role giving an opportunity to play an integral part in driving change within the organisation, implementing processes, structures and new ways of working to enable engineering improvements. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility for the day to day running of the team and will lead contract reviews, Machining Strategies and CNC manufacturing excellence. An understanding of Computer-Aided manufacturing (CAM) is required for this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop engineering strategies and solutions to drive growth, innovation and competitiveness whilst achieving output, quality and cost targets.
- Manage the daily end to end engineering process from translating the customer requirements.
- Define and deliver agreed KPI's & SLA's aligned to the Company's strategic objectives and requirements. Monitor and report out on performance against targets.
- Give clear direction to the teams on project requirements, deliverables and plans setting clear goals and objectives ensuring all engineering and project targets are being met.
- Implement and embed project management processes and structures to drive a
culture of excellence through role modelling and action.
- Manage the relationships with customers, suppliers & subcontractors enabling collaboration and partnership.
- Plan resources effectively to ensure material, equipment and human resources are in place and utilized effectively over the duration of a project whilst at all times staying on schedule and within budget.
- Assess and manage financial and operational risks for all operational elements and projects proactively driving resolution of issues and risk reduction.
- Promote and engage new ways of working e.g. LEAN Manufacturing/Six Sigma driving continuous improvement and performance of the business.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team assisting in problem solving, assessing resource requirements, streamlining processes whilst driving accountability and results.
- Complete training needs assessment for the teams putting in place solutions to build overall skills and capabilities enabling team development and progress.
- Own and drive Health & Safety Compliance across the operation driving a culture of safety across the business.
- Collect and analyse data, report on findings, develop action plans to ensure KPI's are met across operations e.g. production KPI's, cost targets, inventory, process improvements, employee engagement and performance.
- Identify where skills gaps exist for new projects that come on stream and take ownership for providing solutions to close the gap.
- Coach and mentor teams on engineering efficiencies and best practices.
- Develop stakeholder management strategy to ensure key stakeholders (both internal and external) are engaged and updated as required.
- Create value and drive growth for the business through being actively engaged and owning the end to end operational and project management process.
- Skilled Engineering Manager.
- Performance and results driven individual who will pursue excellence whilst meeting the business goals
- Great communicator and stakeholder manager.
- Team Player who will build and maintain good relationships with team members whilst having the ability to have challenging and robust conversations figuring out the best solutions for the customers and the business.
- Knows how to get the best from people and processes.
- Takes a structured and pragmatic approach to solving problems and issues.
- Technically competent with the ability to understand and interpret customer requirements, can actively contribute to the designs being presented by other members of the Engineering teams and develop the best solutions to manage the project from beginning to end.
- Disciplined and structured whilst being flexible and adaptable to meet the customer and business needs.
- 5 years+ experience in engineering or senior management, including process improvement methodologies e.g. Six Sigma, Lean
- Experienced Project Management Professional with demonstrated experience of managing complex bespoke projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300