Junior Structural Engineer
- BBBH795265 Oct 06, 2021 Competitive
A brilliant role with one of Ireland's leading providers and innovators of modern methods of off-site construction who are looking for a Junior Structural Engineer in Cavan
Our client is one of Ireland's leading providers and innovators of modern methods of off-site construction. They have been in business for over 40 years and their products are world renowned. They currently have a great opportunity for a Junior Structural Engineer to join our technical team based in Co. Cavan. There is an excellent package on offer which includes a performance related bonus, pension and 25 annual leave days.
- Liaise with clients on all subjects relating to the construction industry
- Provide support to transactional and non-transaction clients when specifying company products, giving guidance on all aspects of the product performance on a wide variety of topics ranging from fire performance, environmental impact, thermal and structural performance etc.
- Produce accurate and economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice. The role will include the calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members and matching these requirements to the performance of the Kingspan structural product range.
- Be able to carry out design calculations using software provided
- Gutter design calculations
- Fastener calculation / panel span checks
- Acoustic performance calculations
- U value / condensation risk calculations
- A degree in a Structural engineering discipline.
- Experience in design of industrial buildings and/or the design of cold formed sections would be advantageous. but not essential, as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Familiar with relevant codes of practice, Eurocodes and British Standards that apply to the design of cold formed sections and building structures.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to use design software such as AutoCad
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Construction & Property Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300