Trade Support Operation Manager (buy-side)
- BBBH790019 Aug 20, 2021 HK$46k -50k pm
Investment Operation - A Regional Insurance Group is hiring for an Operation Manager to support their middle and back office supervision
About the company
Our client is the Investment Management branch of a regional insurance group.
About the role
The Operation Manager shall be accountable for the support on management, technical ability/support and delivery relating to Investment Operation in accordance with applicable middle and back office & regulatory policies, standard and guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to operation team.
- Oversee the investment operation process for all asset types (equities, fixed income, FX, derivatives, Private equities…etc.) from end to end including liaising with investment managers, custodians, brokers and other service providers. Ensure all trades are booked in timely manner and all discrepancies are resolved to minimize risk exposure
- Perform trade matching with brokers electronically / manually; follow up trade settlement issues proactively
- Review and support data management tasks in different systems with high level of data quality
- Prepare investment related schedules for group & statutory reporting and annual audit.
- Perform investment portfolio reconciliation among custodian, fund manager and internal books to ensure completeness and accuracy by reviewing data.
- Answer clients' queries, ensure problems are resolved timely
- Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned by superiors.
- Manage margin call process, including calculation, issuance, agreement and settlement of collaterals for margin calls from and to counterparties.
- Perform OTC derivative transaction reporting to respective regulators
- Participate in UAT (User Acceptance Test) and parallel testing and provide resolution on issues till completion.
- Regularly review the workflows for SOPs update; suggest and implement process improvements and utilize technology to improve operation workflow efficiency
- Ensuring Operational standards are adhered to and any exception processes are fully documented and approved.
- Participate in new product approval process by analyzing the impact on trade booking, settlement, end-of-day process, regulatory reporting, etc.
- Initiate projects when required, to facilitate Process change. Ensuring full project management lifecycle standards/tasks are adhered to.
- Responsible for account opening and KYC
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- 7+ years of experience working in middle office operations, collateral support, trading processing
- Solid knowledge of financial products
- Ability to work under pressure and detailed minded
- Basic programming skill will be a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English
If this above description fits your experience and is something you would like to explore, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us.
Our specialist consultant will get in touch with you soon, if we find your profile suitable for this position or any other vacancies we are recruiting for.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Regan Lo at 3907 3944.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Operations Recruitment