Senior Manager, Regulatory Reporting
Hong Kong SAR
- BBBH829073 Sep 23, 2022 Competitive
A renowned Foreign Bank is looking for a Regulatory Reporting Expert at Senior Manager level to join their team as a replacement of a promoted staff
- One of the key sub-team leads responsible for supporting the financial and regulatory function for Hong Kong (including both consolidated regional GCNA reporting and solo HK branch reporting).
- Covers the full spectrum activities, including - routine BAU reporting, implementation of new / changes in financial / regulatory reporting requirements and process enhancements and automation initiatives
- Be a subject matter expert in certain areas in financial and regulatory reporting in order to lead and drive the related reporting process with the help of his / her peers in the team and the offshore support team - e.g. consolidation, IFRS 9, HKMA banking returns
- One of the key liaison person interacting with stakeholders within and outside Finance to provide advice and articulation of financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's financial and regulatory reporting policies and reporting requirements with the support from peer teammate and the offshore hub.
- Deliver annual and interim local financial statements in accordance with IFRS / HKFRS and the Banking Disclosure requirements - with continuous interaction with Group Finance team in enhancing the group consolidation system to achieve operational synergies
- Deliver regulatory returns for submission to the HKMA (other than capital and liquidity returns) and manage regulatory reporting process including the interactions with stakeholders within and outside Finance (including relevant counterparts in the region), and ensure an effective and efficient internal control system is in place for the returns submission function, and reporting requirements and completion guidelines are complied with
- To manage new or changes in regulatory reporting requirements from the HKMA - leading the gap, reviewing / providing feedback in consultation papers, coordinating the execution steps in implementing the changes.
- Review quarterly IFRS reporting packs submitted to the Group
- To improve efficiency and quality of reporting to the HKMA - which includes maintenance and enhancement of LRR platform (automated regulatory return compilation system), any relevant EUCs' and introducing or enhancing any necessary control steps and presenting in relevant regulatory reporting control forums
- To assist in ad hoc Finance projects and contribute from a regulatory reporting perspective
- Assist in addressing issues / queries raised management, regulator, internal stakeholders, internal/ external auditors
- Qualified accountant with relevant working experience in banks, or Big 4 banking audits
- Hands-on knowledge in consolidation, IFRS 9, HKMA banking returns / regulatory reporting systems / processes, and banking products
- Ability to work in an organised way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and data skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to convey complex messages quickly and succinctly to stakeholders with confidence
Managing Consultant | Financial Services Recruitment