Assistant Manager(Trade Support Operations )
- BBBH790877 Aug 20, 2021 HK$36k -40k pm
Equity Derivatives Operations - A large corporate and investment bank is hiring an Assistant Manager to support their Middle Office Trade support team
About the company
Our client is a regional financial institution
About the role
The Assistant Manager is expected to support on technical ability/support and delivery with applicable middle and back office & regulatory policies, standard and guidelines.
- Managing trade flow from trade validation, life cycle management and break investigation and resolution and affirmation. Work with front office and back functional support team to ensure trading activities are properly booked in internal system. Working with the client and PBs to resolve all issues in a timely manner and ensuring daily deliverables are met.
- Work on processing of corporate actions, post-trade events, trade lifecycle. Provide expertise advice to front office on trade booking such that all downstream reports are accurate.
- Work on root cause for re-occurring issue and break. Identify the issues and work out the solution with relevant teams
- Daily oversight of all trade booking, validation, life cycle management and settlement related activities.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and utilize technology to improve efficiency in terms of reconciliations process and other operations workflow.
- Ensuring Operational standards adhered to and any exception processes fully documented and approved.
- Participate in new product approval process by analysing the impact on trade booking, settlement, end-of-day process, regulatory reporting, etc…
- Initiate projects when required, to facilitate IT Development or Process change. Ensuring Project management, lifecycle standards and tasks adhered
- Answer query both from internal and external audit, and provide necessary supporting document
- Guide junior staff on complex workflow or product
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a trade support function
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income and Credit Structure Cash and Derivatives products in both exchange and OTC world, product lifecycles and settlement markets
- Control focused mind-set in excelling in operation team
- Proven track record of driving changes initiatives for efficiency and/or control
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, able to manage front office expectation in meeting their request
- Strong organizational, communication and prioritization skills
- Proactive and take ownership of the assigned tasks
- Excellent PC skills with good understanding of MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Collateral Management experience
- Understanding of common derivative instruments and a good understanding of ISDA/CSA Master Agreements & Definitions would be a plus
- Native speaker in Cantonese; fluent English and Mandarin
If this above description fits your experience and is something you would like to explore, please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume to us.
Our specialist consultant will get in touch with you soon, if we find your profile suitable for this position or any other vacancies we are recruiting for.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Regan Lo at 3907 3944.
Senior Consultant | Financial Services Operations Recruitment