Our client, a Global Bank, based in London is looking for a Deputy MLRO to join a growing AML team. This role will be supporting the MLRO on all Financial Crime Matters.
· Assist with the ongoing development and enhancement of the Bank's financial crime prevention framework.
· Deputise for the Head of Compliance and MLRO and act as a nominated officer in the receipt of Suspicious Activity Reports from staff, investigation and submission of SARs to the relevant authorities.
· As directed by the Head of Compliance and MLRO, continue the development of a strategy aimed at the prevention of money laundering and financial crime.
· Play a key role in the execution of the Bank's financial crime monitoring programme including leading themed reviews as required.
· Assess the impact of changing legislation on the Bank's financial crime framework, and engage with senior management and business teams to facilitate understanding of any proposed changes.
· Act as a subject matter expert on financial crime matters (including Sanctions, Fraud, AML and CTF, Bribery & Corruption, Tax Evasion, Modern Slavery) and strengthen relationships with key business areas to act as the main contact point for financial crime queries.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.