Trade Finance Operations Officer
- BBBH793761 Sep 22, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a regional Corporate Bank with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for a Trade Finance Operations Officer to join their Operations department. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will will work on Trade Operations (Import, Export Letters of Credit, Guarantees and Bills for collection) outline standards to ensure high quality of service to customers on time.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure Services of Foreign Trade Operations are delivered in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- To review and check customer's application and process all completed document on each applicable stage as well as work on dispatching funding request to Funding Section, check repayment advice in order to ensure the transaction of both import and export businesses are processed timely and correctly and comply with both Internal and external policies
- To follow up on overdue import/export bills and deal with customers to resolve problems relating to discrepancies spotted on import/export bills
- Ensure consistency in processes, controls and standards for each of the identified areas of work to eliminate all possible risks to the Bank and the customers.
- Support the Corporate Banking Team efforts to provide efficient and prompt services to our customers in order to increase volume of business and income.
- Liaise with internal and external customers in order to ensure that their needs are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain high professional approach and relations with correspondent banks to ensure maximum co-operation in problem resolution or responses to inquiries.
- Provide technical advice and consultancy services to customers, help to plan training seminars to the employees of prime customers in order to safeguard our customers against fraud and money laundering transactions.
- Keep abreast of changes and ensure that International Chamber of Commerce Rules practices in Foreign Trade Operations and Bank's Policies and Procedures are strictly adhered.
- Prepare and submit reports to Senior Management to monitor workflow and income.
- To conduct the record maintenance/ filing of signed applications, all supporting documents etc. to be in proper safe keeping.
- University graduate
- At least 3 - 4 years relevant experience in Foreign Trade Operations (Import, Export Letters of Credit, Guarantees and Bills for collection).
- Technical knowledge of International Chamber of Commerce Rules, relating to Foreign Trade.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge on trade operations (UCP, ISP, URR, Incoterms, URDG and URC, current revisions).
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932
+65 6818 3140