- BBBH799528 Nov 19, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Joint Venture entity under a global Asset Management brand with strong footprints and relationship in the Asia region.
The Singapore team is looking for a Risk Officer hire to join the Risk function. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the risk management framework, risk policies and procedures, risk management tools and systems to assess, evaluate and monitor risks (including investment risk) faced by the Company. You will also conduct independent risk analysis, oversees and reports significant risks and assist/advice the business in conducting relevant risk assessments. This role is to provide and undertake risk management oversight identified within the business and will report to the Chief Risk Officer.
Role and responsibilities
- Analysing material sources of risks, providing forward looking risks expertise to business and senior management
- Form relationships with business area heads to keep informed of changes and business developments
- Identify material sources of risk in new projects and ensure appropriate mitigation of risks and appropriate risk assessments are performed
- Oversight of the risk management framework and ensuring adherence of the components within
- Involvement in the New Product and New Client risk assessment process, review and challenge the assessment results and mitigation proposed/undertaken where appropriate
- Represent Risk in attending various Committee meetings
- Carry out risk based deep dive reviews based on requests from senior management
- Develop and maintain risk policies and procedures
- Escalate material issues rapidly to the Chief Risk Officer
- Provide BCP oversight to ensure the BCM program is embedded successfully
- Manage risks associated with Outsourcing
- Conduct Trading Surveillance and Investment Guidelines Monitoring
- Conduct Broker Evaluation
- 3 - 5 years of experience with knowledge of the Asset Management industry and at least 3 years spent within a risk team / function
- Thorough knowledge of risk management techniques
- Candidates with additional knowledge of technology risk and investment risk management will be considered favourably
- An ability to engage effectively with people of different seniority
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An ability to understand what the key issues are and to investigate / resolve / escalate them as appropriate
- Self-motivated and proactive, can work independently as well as work cohesively with other stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and handle time pressure
- Graduate level education in an appropriate discipline
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932
+65 6818 3140