- BBBH794013 Sep 23, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Trade and Financial Market services.
The Singapore team is looking for a Market Risk Manager to join their Risk department which is responsible for the daily measurement, control and assessment of the market risks and profit & loss of the trading books in the bank; and provides advice to senior management on risk positions and stress testing. Reporting to the team head, you will be part of the Structured Credit Trading squad based in Singapore covering main risk reporting and management duties as well as contributing to projects of the credit asset class. Given the seniority of the role, candidates with multi-asset class experience are preferred to support queries, training, and risk control within wider Non-Linear desks, e.g. FX Options, Commodity Derivatives and Structured trades.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze market risk exposures and P&L on a day-to-day basis for various products within Non-Linear Trading and Notes Issuance in Asia
- Provide risk expertise to support the Wholesale Banking businesses, products, and industry dynamics so as to be able to manage a complex desk and its control framework with a holistic perspective.
- Build a key understanding of bank policies governing Trading Risks to ensure compliance and timely delivery of expected items.
- Know the key systems used (Summit, Bloomberg, internal pricing & risk models, etc.) as well as key processes and teams across Singapore and in head office in order to leverage knowledge and short communication lines to support the team as a whole and improve processes.
- Perform various Market Risk Control and Reporting linked tasks and analysis.
- A proactive mindset in addressing and informing senior management on tasks and processes around Trading risk reporting, FRTB, Market Risk Capital, Utilizations and Risk/Reward analysis of structured and complex deals etc.
- Oversee/perform the product control and risk management activities for Singapore's Non-Linear Trading desk (credit & rates). The candidate needs to become fluent in the reporting process within a short timeframe.
- Assist in system rollouts and projects as part of a squad with global alignment across the Non-Linear asset classes within Financial Markets
- Lead one-off product and trade approval discussion and fact finding together with senior stakeholders in the business
- Liaise with various stakeholders including Finance, FM, and other Risk functions independently and escalate issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, or another related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Market Risk and Quant analytics of Non-linear products
- Good knowledge of financial products and trading/booking systems (Bloomberg and Summit/Murex or Sophis are a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and good communication skills
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to face off front office traders
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932
+65 6818 3140