M3S is working exclusively with a large-scale IT end user in Singapore, we are looking for an experienced and talented IT Security Specialist.
We are looking for an experienced IT Security Specialist to work on implementation and management of the company's security operations. This role requires you to support and coordinate major activities pertaining to maintenance and project deployment. Performing real-time analysis and trending of security log data from various security devices and systems. As well as maintaining data sources feeding the log monitoring system, developing and maintaining detection and alerting rules. You will also need to execute initial triage of incidents to rule out false positives, respond to user incident reports evaluate the type and severity of security events, document incidents and develop reports.
You will be expected to identify recurring security issues and risks to develop mitigation plans and recommend process improvements. You will also be required to provide 24/7 support when required, to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. We are looking for someone who is diligent taking an analytical approach to perform real-time analyses, skilled in synthesizing trends and insights, and is confident in putting forth creative mitigation plans and solutions to security incidents.
Roles And Responsibilities
Monitor security systems
* Perform audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests of security operations based on established schedules
* Perform real time analysis and trending of security log data from various security systems
* Analyse security event data to identify suspicious and malicious activity
* Provide inputs to improve security monitoring rules and alerts * Document processes related to security monitoring
Maintain security operations
* Implement security protocols
* Create emergency response procedures
* Maintain data sources feeding the log monitoring system
* Schedule security checks in accordance with reporting schedules
* Prepare periodic status reports for presentation to management
Respond to security incidents
* Review security incident reports
* Evaluate the type and severity of security events
* Assist with establishing procedures for handling detected security events
* Provide status updates during the life cycle of an incident
* Create final incident report detailing the events of the incident
* Support the maintenance and update of business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures
Provide user support
* Respond to user requests for technical assistance
* Assess incident severity
* Set clear user expectations on issue resolution
* Update users on changes in status during issue resolution
* Manage user accounts
Requirements / Qualifications
* Experience in infrastructure security (VPN, firewalls, WAF, anti-malware, IPS, SIEM, log management system, network ATP, endpoint detection & response, vulnerability & compliance scanners.
* Experience in security patching, software installation, network/security troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Proactive and possess initiative, self-motivated team player capable of working with minimal supervision.
* Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols and basic security concepts and policies.
* Performs regular review of firewall rule bases and recommend necessary optimization actions.
* Experience with vendor and service level management.
* Certification in CISSP/GCIH/GSEC/CISA/CISM will be an advantage.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent.