GL/Revenue Accountant - 1 year Contract
- BBBH770007 Jan 12, 2021 Competitive
Amazing opportunity with our client, a leading technology firm is looking for Revenue/GL Accountant on a 1 year contract to start with
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for revenue related GL accounts (e.g. Accounts Receivable, Deferred Installation Revenue, Deferred Revenue, Unbilled A/R, AR Reserves)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly manual journal entries related to revenue accounts
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual revenue fluctuation analysis and investigate unusual fluctuations and prepare revenue adjustments, if needed
- Perform monthly process for fulfilled contract using revenue management tool (i.e. RevPro) to recognize revenue and perform data validation procedures to ensure accuracy of data transferred between systems
- Perform month-over-month, quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year balance sheet and income statement analysis for monthly internal reporting
- Prepare periodic management internal reports
- Manage internal and external auditor requests including revenue sampling audit, internal controls testing and quarterly review and year-end audit documents
- Perform ad hoc projects and prepare ad hoc reports as needed
- Prepare Accounts Receivable reserves analysis (i.e. customer specific reserves, general credit memo reserves, service level agreement reserves)
- Integrate data from multiple external sources into unified reports
- Document and maintain revenue desktop procedures and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in system testing during monthly bill test, UAT, system changes, enhancements and bug fixes
- Ensure compliance with revenue controls.
- Partner with key stakeholders to minimize revenue leakage.
- Maintain a high level of internal customer satisfaction.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and process skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to review contracts/quotes and determine revenue recognition
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Detailed knowledge of full cycle accounting issues and treatment
- Experienced with Oracle R12 ERP required
- Consistent achievement of accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Strong organization and planning skills, and strong PC skills
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements required
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Technical revenue recognition experience is a plus
- Experienced in RevPro revenue management tool is a plus
- Experienced in Microsoft Access/SQL database, Hyperion is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must have the highest ethical standards and personal integrity
- At least 3 years of experience in GL/Revenue accounting
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience, CPA is a plus
If you are keen to explore further, please click the "Apply" button or feel free to email me at email@example.com
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License: 11C5502
Reg No: R1871051 (Cazalis Tabusalla Gregorio)
+65 6818 3159