- BBBH768909 Oct 26, 2020 Competitive
My client is a well-known venture capital fund company looking for a compliance manager to join their dynamic compliance department.
My client is a well-known venture capital fund company looking for a compliance manager to join their dynamic compliance department. This will be the perfect opportunity for the incumbent to work in a lean set up where you could step up and learn a wide scope compliance role.
You will be responsible for ensuring their business operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies.
In this position, you will perform a range of duties including evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes with multiple departments in multiple countries, and leading training sessions.
Please view below Job responsibilities for a clearer idea:
- Perform MLRO duties
- Ownership over license applications in multiple jurisdictions. This is an end-end responsibility from crafting policies, completing forms and project management of multiple cross-function stakeholders.
- Drafting of policies with both best practices and commercial requirements in mind.
- Oversee transaction monitoring and setting up the standard operating procedure for the domain.
- Coordinate daily compliance activities, resolve escalations
- Act as a domain expert for product and engineering team, provide guidance on technical implementation of risk and compliance related solutions and features
- Oversee and execute license application processes
- Maintain risk and compliance policies and procedures framework and keep it up to date
- Develop and implement company policies and regulations
- Oversee and execute all business operations relating to risk and compliance including policies, investments, and procedures
- Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of policies
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental risk & compliance policies
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes
- Lead employee training sessions on risk & compliance issues
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Law or Finance or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager or similar position
- Strong knowledge of AML/CFT practices and drafting in the financial services/tech sectors.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with a broad range of compliance topics, such as AML, privacy, outsourcing, customer rights, card scheme compliance
- International experience as a part of working or education background
*****If you're interested in this role, please send your updated CV (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion*****
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
EA Licence No: 11C5502
EA No: R1770166
+65 6818 3174