Our client, a global FMCG firm, is looking for a Business Controller, who will act as the Finance business partner for the Global BU Head and the Business Unit Leadership team.
Our client, a global FMCG firm, is looking for a Business Controller, who will act as the Finance business partner for the Global BU Head and the Business Unit Leadership team. Responsibilities include financial planning and target setting; analyzing, reporting and challenging the performance of the Business Unit; providing financial decision support in contract and project matters as well as coordinating finance issues and projects for the BU group-wide.
* Ensure full transparency on the performance of the Business Unit. Perform timely, in-depth and pro-active analysis of the business and financial results and trends including sales and margin development, advertisement and promotional spend, supplier profitability, working capital management, cost control and business development.
* Prepare the monthly operations review and present the financial results and analysis together with the BU head to the COO and CFO. Ensure follow up on all action items.
* Positively challenge the operations and functions on their performance and ensure that each local Business Unit operates within the top line, margin, cost, headcount, working capital or business development targets. Pro-actively develop and coordinate mitigation and action plans on deviations vs target or prior year actuals.
* Manage and coordinate the target setting and medium range planning process within the Business Unit. Contribute to medium and long-term business planning though a thorough analysis of the business potential, trends and market and economic situation. Ensure local plans are challenged and reviewed in depth.
* Coordinate cost management initiatives within the Business Unit * Pro-actively support and partner with the Business Unit senior management in all aspects of business decisions, i.e. reviewing all significant supplier contracts and major commitments of capital or resources
* Participate in diverse BU and corporate projects such as the identification, due diligence and integration of acquisition targets or the development of the internal controlling systems, tools and processes.
* Provide financial, analytical and decision support for JV companies and other investments.
* Provide advice on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
* Offer advice on financial matters and on ways of maximizing profitability while optimizing capital and resources
* Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
* Support BU specific acquisition activities and special projects.
*Track and follow up issues on BU level on an ongoing basis
Functional skills and knowledge
* 5 years working as Business Controller/Business FP&A function/Senior Finance function for a Blue Chip Multinational
* Experience with working in Asia (FMCG would be advantageous)
* Broad-based financial experience gained in an operational environment within a multinational company
* Demonstrated strong ability to contribute to strategic planning and commercial objectives, add value on transactions and assist with business development
* Experience with Hyperion and SAP Business Warehouse as a user and with managing reporting improvements and enhancements preferred
* Ability to model business outcomes and understand financial implications
* Strong awareness of IFRS, treasury, tax and compliance issues
* Knowledge and experience of working through acquisition processes and subsequently managing the integration of acquired companies
* Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting
* Commercially minded
* Experienced in managing via influence
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Highly intelligent and quick to grasp key elements
* Hands on, results driven and achievement oriented
* Strong interpersonal skills at all levels and able to adapt and work with people coming from different countries and cultures
* Resourceful, independent, flexible and pragmatic
If you are keen to explore further, please click the "Apply" button or feel free to email me at email@example.com
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License: 11C5502
Reg No: R1871051 (Cazalis Tabusalla Gregorio)