Accounting Executive - Maternity Cover 6 Months
- BBBH769544 Nov 05, 2020 Competitive
Our client, a renowned fashion brand is now looking for an accountant on a 6 months contract for a maternity cover. Ideally, they need somebody to start immediately
Part of the Singapore Management Team you are responsible for
- Accounting functions for the Singapore legal entity
- Reporting, analysis and planning of financial and operational results of the Singapore business
- Financial modelling of tenders and development projects
- Supporting the Marketing and Operational teams
- Providing advice where required to improve business performance.
- Oversee the Accounting Team to ensure they complete the following:
- Preparation of the monthly financial reports for the Singapore entity including Work papers.
- Preparation of annual Financial Statements for Singapore entity.
- Preparation of Income Tax and GST Returns for Singaporean reporting entity.
- General Ledger reports and reconciliation.
- Creating and posting journal entries.
- Preparation of monthly rental accruals and rent declarations
- Liaising with Landlords
- Liaising with Auditors
- Liaising with Banks on operational matters, e.g. Bank Guarantees, FX contracts.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of stocktake results and issue same
- Maintain the general ledger in NAV (accounting software)
- On-time and accurate payment of suppliers
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reports to Regional and Parent Company Management, Finance, Operations and Marketing
- Review and analyse sales on a monthly basis by store
- Highlight current performance and measure against previous periods
- Provide cyclical reporting and variance analysis
- Provide guidance on key trends, identifying issues and concerns and communicate these to Regional and Parent Company Management, Finance, Operations and Marketing
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required or directed
- Monthly variance analysis for expenses, capex and provide appropriate explanations and highlight areas of concern or opportunity
- Participate in the development of company accounting policies and procedures
- Any other duties as required or as directed
- Timeliness of monthly reporting
- Identification of cost savings
- Identification of improvement in business operations
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, commerce or related discipline
- Membership of a professional accounting body desirable
- 5+ years accounting experience which should include both financial and management accounting
- Commercially focused
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel and computerised accounting packages
- Highly analytical
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Capacity to undertake a large number of varied tasks and complete in a short timeframe
- A 'go beyond' expectations approach to service
- Good communication and customer service skills
- High energy level
- Results oriented
- Flexible "can do" approach
- Ability to interact successfully with people from diverse cultures and background
If you are keen to explore further, please click the "Apply" button or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA License: 11C5502
Reg No: R1871051 (Cazalis Tabusalla Gregorio)
Consultant | Project & Change
+65 6818 3159