- 1762 Mar 28, 2022 Competitive
NBI is looking for an experienced Quality Control Project Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth.
We're National Broadband Ireland and we're delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We're designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 554,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
To hear more about our colleagues working on the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, please click here.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Quality Control Project Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Reporting directly to the Acceptance & Quality Manager the QC PM will be part of a quality team responsible for leading the representation, communication and management of Quality Control activities with internal, external partners and customers.
The successful candidate will implement and manage the Project Quality Control Program, support and execute quality operational, strategic and team goals as they relate to QC in order to assure the highest quality standards and regulatory compliance and serve as the analytical expert for ensuring creation of test coverage and project metrics in line with customer requirements, managing testing activities, leading trouble shooting and timely investigations.
- Established quality control policies and procedures for the Acceptance team through project management of process control and quality management systems
- Work with our Customer to ensure that their Quality standards & procedures are successfully submitted, approved & implemented against agreed timelines
- To ensure that the customer requirements for the QC organisation are clearly understood and agreed upon and are consistently and reliably met.
- To provide people leadership to the team, including developing and maintaining succession plans for the QC teams.
- Ensure that all documentation and certification is complete and checked prior to final handover
- Attend and co-ordinate weekly meetings with the client, subcontractors & suppliers
- Where necessary perform Root cause analysis (RCA) on significant Project events or issues
- To be responsible for continued improvement in cycle times for all QC-related activities
- Investigate, document Quality Assurance related deviations and escalate
- Acting as team lead on Project Management standards and Governance
- Documents Control - Reviewing and revising documentation to incorporate changes to company policies and objectives, in order to stay in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Completion of Audits
- Liaise and engage proactively with NOC, Design & Construction teams to ensure seamless builds
- Audit of all handover packs from construction contractor including OTDR, Active power and photos reviews on backhaul, core and access networks.
- Oversight of network build and test parameters including SOP adherence and standards
- End to end verification of designs and as-built documentation
Knowledge & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems
- 5+ years operational experience in an FTTx construction environment
- Hands on experience of passive construction with focus on optical elements
- Skilled in OLT/ODN trouble shooting, OTDR testing, Fibre Fault finding, Core Fibre and FTTx
- In depth knowledge of FTTH topology and architecture with high level of experience in reading and implementing complex Splice matrix & designs.
- Highly responsible with an ability to work on call and on own initiative
- Excellent understanding Microsoft platforms with extensive Excel skills
- Excellent written, oral communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.