You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
Supply Chain Manager
- BBBH795604 Oct 12, 2021 Competitive
A multinational manufacturing company in Wicklow is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their growing team.
This is a permanent role based in Arklow and the Supply Chain Manager will ensure products are delivered at the right price and quality while implementing strategies in line with best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all inbound and outbound logistics, including transport, with the warehouse supervisor and liaising with providers to ensure right service levels at the right cost;
- Assess and manage warehouse needs (inc. external storage) in line with seasonality demand;
- Monitor and review suppliers' performance against agreed service levels and KPI's;
- Work with Planners and Production Managers to ensure the monthly capacity plans are achieved and that the Scheduling process is optimised
- Work to continuously improve the performance of the team and processes and fully realise the benefits of ERP systems.
- Implement and sustain SOP'S, in all key areas to streamline and deliver the service and standards required;
- Identify opportunities that will benefit the business through improvements in productivity and cost saving initiatives.
- Ensure optimised material stock levels that minimise working capital but ensure availability of materials to service the production plan with no stock outs;
- Ensure continuity in supply and identify potential risks, implement preventative measures to maintain supply input;
- To work with procurement in managing material stock levels in line with forecasted demand.
- Assess the demand management process in terms of analysing Sales forecast with the need to make-to-stock (MTS) vs. make-to-order (MTO).
- Manage order intake process and finished good stocks, to ensure service levels are achieved at the lowest possible operational cost.
- Prioritise orders with changing conditions ensuring demand and supply plan is always feasible;
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading groups and influencing others to drive results
- BS or BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science or supply chain management and logistics.
- Proficient user of ERP systems SAP and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Access).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
+353 21 2300 300