- JN -052023-1937776
- May 20, 2023
Senior Financial Accountant - Waterford
Morgan McKinley is delighted to be partnering with a highly successful mnc organisation with offices in both Waterford and the US.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with strong academic performance and customer service skills. The candidate should be driven, high-energy, and capable of working well with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Significant opportunities for progression will be available to the right candidate. The role will require occasional travel to the US, approximately once every two-three months, to attend meetings, present financial reports, and collaborate with team members in other locations.
US Ledger Ownership
- Assist the CFO on embedding strong financial controls within the organisation.
- Oversee and sign off on Payroll, and verify the accuracy of payroll tax filings prepared by outside parties.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams to implement changes.
- Liaise with external auditors as required.
- Oversee finalisation of month end accounts including review of Ledger month end process.
- Proactive approach to ongoing process improvement and development to reflect changing and evolving needs of the Business.
- Coordination and timely preparation of monthly management accounts in line with team guidelines while ensuring accuracy and supporting details are in place.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Provide ad-hoc financial support and analysis to senior management and board members as required.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing guidance on financial targets and KPIs.
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Collaboration with our Tax partners, ensure timely and accurate filing of US federal and state income tax returns.
- Oversee collection and management of US Sales tax exemption certificates.
- Manage and respond to any state tax audits or inquiries.
- Oversee junior team members who ensure proper withholding and reporting of employee payroll taxes.
- Provide the tax advisor with accurate and complete financial data, documentation, and other relevant information to ensure proper tax compliance and return preparation.
- Coordinate with the tax advisor to establish timelines, deadlines, and expectations for tax-related deliverables.
- ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA qualified with 0-2 years PQE.
- Demonstrate leader ability to oversee and develop the finance team.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Data insights and high proficiency in excel is a distinct advantage.
- A general understanding of the US tax environment is advantageous.
- NetSuite experience is an advantage.
- Experience working in the BPO/Service industry will be advantageous.
- 'Big 4' experience or experience working in a multinational environment is desirable.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.