My Client is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager within the IT industry based in Waterford and their other regional offices in Dublin & Cork.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for building the company's market position and financial growth by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships while maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The job is a senior one within the sales team and company and it is the job of the BDM to work with the internal team, marketing and other stakeholders to increase sales opportunities and maximise revenues for the company. The primary goal of the BDM is to find potential new customers, present to them and ultimately convert them into clients and to continue to grow business in the future.
The BDM will also manage existing clients to ensure they stay positive, satisfied and happy. He/she will call on clients on a regular basis (depending on client value / size) to make presentations on solutions and services that meet the client's needs and requirements as well as defining cross and up selling opportunities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Business Development manager responsibilities:
New Business Development
1. Prospect for potential new clients and turn prospects into new clients and therefore new and increased business and revenue.
2. Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of potential opportunities.
3. Meet potential clients by growing his/her network, leveraging and maintaining it - referrals are key.
4. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
5. Identify potential clients and the decision makers within that organisation.
6. Research and build relationships with new clients
7. Set up meetings between client decision makers and the company's leaders / principals.
8. Plan approaches and pitches in conjunction with marketing and other team members to develop proposals that address the client's needs, concerns and objectives.
9. Handle objections by clarifying, emphasised agreements and working through any differences to a positive conclusion, using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
10. Always be mindful of the commercial realities of any proposed solutions
11. Achieve agreed targets on sales and KPIs
12. Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
13. Work with technical staff and other internal departments to meet customer needs.
14. Arrange and participate in internal and external client 'debrief' meetings.
Business Development Planning:
15. Attend industry functions (client and IT) such as events and conferences to interact with prospects and provide feedback on market trends and client needs
16. Present to and consult with senior management with a view to developing new services, products and possible distribution channels.
17. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and other channels that will lead to increased sales.
18. Using market knowledge and competitor knowledge, identify and develop a unique selling propositions.
Management and Research
· Submit weekly progress reports / updates and ensure data is accurate /attend sales meetings
· Ensure data is accurately entered into the company's CRM and quotation system
· Review and sign off on quotations and proposals if produced by sales support
· Forecast sales targets and report as pipeline with due dates and percentage potential
· Track and record activity on accounts in order to help close deals and meet targets
· Represent Radius in the best possible light and professional image
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.