- BBBH771348 Dec 03, 2020 Competitive
Laboratory Technician required for a Tipperary based company. If you are hoping to gain experience in both chemistry and microbiology testing within the food sector then this is the role for you.
Excellent role available for a lab technician looking to grow and develop their career in the food industry. You will gain invaluble knowledge here as part of a brilliant team. This is a permanent role. If you would like to know more about this opportunity please apply below, message me, Julieann Fitzpatrick, on Linked in, or email email@example.com
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Carry out routine Laboratory Testing and Sampling as per required Statutory and customer standards.
- Verify cleaning using microbiological swabbing.
- Carry out Trichinella Testing.
- Monitor carcase quality & Product compliance.
- Carry out microbiological testing/ water and chemical verification checks.
- Collect meat samples for elisa & antibiotic testing at external labs and maintain the paperwork associated with this.
- Communicate with and report to customer requests for technical information
- Maintain and Update Laboratory Procedures Manual
Laboratory Duties include:
- Ensure daily tasks are completed and results are actioned where required.
- Review Results Records Weekly and ensure all records are completed correctly and
- signed off where appropriate.
- Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFM officials
- Corrective & Preventative Action & Non-Conforming Product Management
- Measuring adherence to Customer Specification
- Implementation and maintenance of HACCP & hygiene requirements
- Review Product and process development
- Management of Sanitation/ Cleaning and completion of Pre operational Hygiene Inspections.
- Assist in the Management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFM officials.
- The achievement and maintenance of the BRC standard, the Bord Bia MPQAS and retailer and customer standards in terms of an independent third party factory accreditation.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Company and the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Form part of LEAN function of the plant and complete 7s auditing and be part of teams involved of improvement of production areas.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes;
- Food Science/ Food Technology degree or equivalent
- Experience in laboratory testing desirable
- Knowledge of Bord Bia, BRC, Regulatory and customer requirements
- Experience of supplier audits and visits
- Self-Motivated, organised, methodical and ability to motivate a team
- Attention to detail, analytically minded and continuous improvement focused.
- Quality focus with a drive to ensure standards are upheld
- Proficient IT skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 21 2300300