Electrical (Project) Manager
- BBBH790254 Aug 13, 2021 €50k - €70k
The electrical (project) manager will be responsible for overseeing the design, installation, and delivery of electrical control systems on turnkey recycling plants.
Day-to-day duties will include the drawing up of schedules, allocate time, resource and budget as well as manage staff / sub contractors to ensure work is completed on time, to a high standard.
- Lead projects from concept stage to completion (element of projects i.e., HV, LV, distribution & Automation) in compliance with local regulations ensuring all building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Defining the technical requirements of a project
- Creating Technical tender packs to allow the company to obtain competitive tenders from sub contractors
- Developing step-by-step project plans, outlining timescales, costs and resources needed to design and deliver an electrical scope of individual projects.
- Work closely with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
- Ensure each project follows strict health and safety guidelines
- Develop electrical design standards within the organisation
- Developing a multi-disciplinary project team
- Negotiating with designers, engineers, contractors, and suppliers
- Liaising with staff and other departments at every level
- Attending company & client meetings, sharing regular progress reports with the client and management
- Overseeing several projects at the same time
- Ensuring each stage of the project happens on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using "AutoCAD"
- Resolving any issues or delays
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M Manuals
- Working onsite when required particularly during commissioning of projects
- 3rd level qualification in electrical engineering / building services engineering
- 5 to 6 years design experience specific to plant automation environment
- Some experience of working on waste plant sites desirable but not required
- Site Supervision/Management/Project Management experience of projects
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to focus and prioritise tasks
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Good communicator - both internal and external
- Knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS, EN, AS/NZS, UL and CSA standards.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300