- Nov 23, 2022
Are you a Recently Qualified Financial Accountant looking for your first step into industry? Looking to get some hands-on experience in a busy finance function?
Our client, a market-leading Irish company, is looking to add a Financial Accountant to their team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Financial Controller and will gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced environment.
Along with a strong salary, this role offers to opportunity to work within an organisation with a great culture and high staff retention and to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience
- Monthly financial close across multiple depts/entities
- Posting and analysis of monthly debtors/sales for all departments ensuring all items tie to the subledgers.
- Posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured.
- Review the intercompany matrix ensuring balances net to zero
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Variance analysis to budget and forecast
- Preparation of monthly departmental reporting packs
- Reconciliation of the Resident pension accounts
- Preparation of Weekly staffing report
- Assist in all areas of budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of monthly P&Ls & Balance sheets
- Update the consolidation model and balance sheet notes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures and corporate policies and support the implementation of robust internal controls for the organisation.
- Develop and implement dashboards and ad hoc reports and analysis when requested
- Preparation of VAT returns and other statutory returns
- Prepare Cashflows when required
- Participate in internal and external audit process and liaise with auditors
- Assist in the review of annual Statutory Accounts for a number of different reporting entities, to strict deadlines.
- Experience with acquisition and system integrations is preferable.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and identify and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Ad hoc Duties
- Hold a Business Studies/Commerce honours degree and an appropriate professional qualification in Accounting (ACA,ACMA/ACCA equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of Accounting systems
- Highly proficiency in excel is essential
- High sense of urgency is crucial.
- Hands on pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Highly motivated and work well on own initiative.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple issues simultaneously.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.