Sample Preparation Technician
- BBBH784809 Jun 11, 2021 Competitive
Sample preparation technician required to prepare samples for extraction in PCR laboratory and assit with initial ample traceability.
Sample Preparation technician
The sample preparation technician is responsible for the initial sample traceability process and prepares the sample for the extraction process in the PCR laboratory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Verifies swab details against provided paperwork.
- Identifies and records non-conforming samples
- Applies a laboratory ID label to swab and paperwork
- Records the process in our laboratory LIMS
- Works in a BS Level 2 safety cabinet to aliquot a sub sample into lysis buffer and the remainder of the sample into a retention tube
- Disinfects the tubes prior to removal from the BS Level 2 safety cabinet
- Organises disinfected tubes into plates of 92 for the next stage of the testing process
- BSC with a significant biological content.
- Good pipetting skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel.
- Attention to detail and an ability to identify non-conforming work
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.