PCR Laboratory Technician
- BBBH773059 Jan 11, 2021 Competitive
PCR Laboratory Technician required to take responsiblity for processing samples for human diagnostic testing within a private testing facility
Data Analyst Job Description
The technician would preferably hold experience with RT-PCR data analytical tools, LIMS interaction, ISO accreditation standards and have a clear understanding of associated molecular biology laboratory techniques and technologies. The successful candidate must hold strong, effective communication skills and work within a fast-paced environment. Previous experience utilising robotic liquid handlers is beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare samples for loading onto liquid handling robots.
- Operate numerous robotic instrumentations, namely PerkinElmers Janus G3, MDT and Chemagic c360's.
- Perform PCR's at high throughout.
- Communicate colleagues in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific subject - preferably molecular biology and genetics related.
- Proven success in a molecular biology laboratory, preferentially operating under ISO accreditation.
- Experience utilizing genetic analysis tools within a commercial service environment would be a strong preference.
- An ability to plan tasks, schedule and prioritise workloads is important.
- A clear understanding of fundamental PCR concepts, and experience within PCR technologies and analysis techniques is favourable.
- Excellent listening and communication, together with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with colleagues.
- Strong IT and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive team player with the ability to work at a fast pace.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.