- BBBH788708 Sep 08, 2021 €40k - €50k
Cost Accountant Role with a Irish owned company based in Kerry with an immediate start. This is a perfect opportunity for a someone looking to take the next step in their accounting career
Morgan Mckinley are excited to be working on an exciting new role in Cork. The new role of Cost Accountant will be a key member of the Finance team in an Irish owned business undergoing a substantial period of change.
This role will support the Financial Controller in ensuring that a suitable control environment is maintained, assets are safeguarded, and financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed. The provision of high quality financial information to the business to strict deadlines is a key deliverable.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to :
- Input to the preparation of accurate and complete monthly management accounts to strict deadlines
- Develop and improve current costing system, including
- Preparation of standard costs, and
- Deviation analysis to reconcile actual costs to standard
- Liaison with the operational team to identify operational efficiencies
- Preparation of capital appraisals and requests
- Input to the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Support month end and year end closing processes
- Preparation of ad hoc monthly financial information
- Delivery of ad hoc financial and business projects
- Implementation, monitoring and checking of system and process controls
Experience / skills required
- Qualified accountant, ideally with at least 3 years post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of developing procedures for capturing manufacturing data and developing costing systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, Macros)
- Ability to interact with people at all levels between shop floor and boardroom
- Good time manager
- Proven analytical mind - proactive in identifying business / financial issues, recommending solutions and implementing them
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300