- 1494 Apr 13, 2021 Competitive
NBI is looking for an experienced Senior Programme Planner who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth.
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Senior Programme Planner who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. Reporting to the PMO Director, the key purpose of this role is to:
- Grow the maturity of planning and scheduling best practices and processes
- Lead and Co-ordinate Planning, Scheduling and Modelling of the Fibre Deployment Programme,
- Model, plan and maintain end to end Deployment Programme (Portfolio).
This role requires a strong Senior Programme Planner with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work to tight deadlines with a pragmatic approach! In return you become part of the team, building and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
- To grow the maturity of Planning & Scheduling best practices and processes and ensure these are implemented and embedded into 'business as usual' within design and build functions and wider NBI teams
- To develop, establish & maintain master integrated schedules (Baselines & current) from which to monitor, analyse, report and forecast performance on the NBI Programme
- To develop and manage end to end planning and scheduling of the deployment programme (portfolio) through all key milestones - Design through to Build
- To develop, maintain master deployment plan(s) and schedules (Baselines & current) from which to monitor, analyse, report and forecast performance on the Programme
- Produce timely and accurate optional scenarios for programme plans incorporating primary constraints and critical path analysis
- Act as key interface with design, build and procurement representatives to ensure aligned resources (contractors / material)
- Analyse and validate quarterly / yearly plans in line with strategy ensuring any proposed deviations from baseline (from design/build functions) is understood and worked through the change process to manage any variances
- Directly manage Programme Managers (2-4) responsible for key elements of the plan
- Liaise with and support functional schedulers / planning managers to ensure understanding of deployment plan timing and sequencing, change impact assessments (from contractors) and reporting of baseline v forecasts
- Liaise with and support functional schedulers / planning managers to ensure robust change impact assessments (from contractors) are completed
- Liaise with Programme Risk Manager to establish ways to mitigate programme risks / issues impacting critical path for quarterly yearly plan
- Liaise with PMO programme Managers (and BI) responsible for monitoring/reporting to analyse and understand trends
- Liaise with finance to ensure plans are aligned with costs and budgets
- Liaise with wider NBI team to capture any changes required (from DECC) as part of change impact assessment as needed
- Model and produce quarterly and yearly programme plan and schedules ensuring alignment with design, build and finance functions
- Proactively manage stakeholders
- Continually seek new initiatives and process changes to improve, expand and mature the PM practices and capabilities for the organisation
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10+ years Senior Programme Planner / Programme Manager level experience
- Experience in telecommunications complex projects preferably with infrastructure / construction deployments
- Working experience of Oracle Primevera P6
- In-depth knowledge of Project Management methodology and practices eg PMBOK, Prince
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Detail oriented and delivery focused with ability to analyse data
- Strong communicator with proven ability to create and foster strong teams and build cross functional relationships
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.