Senior Investment Risk Manager
- BBBH779809 Apr 19, 2021 Competitive
Morgan McKinley has partnered with a leading Asset Manager who is looking to recruit for a Senior Risk Manager in Dublin.
Morgan McKinley has partnered with a leading Asset Manager who is looking to recruit for a Senior Risk Manager in Dublin. The successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting the Chief Risk Officer for oversight and application of the company's risk frameworks.
- Oversee the application of the risk framework for the company in Ireland.
- Working with risk individuals in other offices/locations to ensure a joined up view of risk is assessed, reported, managed and mitigated in a proactive and timely manner.
- Take the lead for working with senior management, heads of functions and risk champions in the Asset Management Operations business. Lead efforts to identify, analyse, and assess proposals for newly identified risks within the business, including new and changed programs, projects and services and products. This will include managing and maintaining a relationship with wider management and the global risk management team.
- Compile, assess, and report on risk to management, risk forums and Board and Group Committees, whilst monitoring risk levels against agreed risk appetite levels.
- Provide risk management advice and risk-related training to individuals and groups of staff as required in the business.
- The role will also include responsibility for certain aspects of monitoring of the activities delegated to third-parties including interaction with delegates and reviews.
- Work with relevant Group risk functions to support annual capital assessment risk and control reviews, including supporting capital assessment work and the review of risk control self-assessments undertaken by the business.
- Interaction with other organisational lines of defence
- Oversight of certain aspects of the Company's and its delegates Information Security and also Business Continuity programmes.
- Five years experience across operational or financial risk.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal functions and management at all levels.
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability and willingness to both independently challenge and assist the business.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member, independently and in a cross functional international business.
- The individual will ideally be familiar with or have experience of local regulatory requirements and governance requirements for either a life insurance business, mutual funds unit linked business, or a regulated financial institution or investment management business.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
353 (0) 1 4321555