- 1403 Jan 05, 2021 Competitive
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor this role will be responsible for helping our Project Managers and deployment team
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor this role will be responsible for helping our Project Managers and deployment team to carry out quantity surveying duties in conjunction with other team members and provide effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated. Main duties will include preparation of contract variations and claims, tender documents, measurement of works, measuring of and payments to contractors and subcontractors, along with certification and settlement of final accounts.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI Deployment is looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide evaluation, risk identification, negotiation, management and execution of contracts.
- Serve as the point of contact for project managers on contractual matters. Act as contractual liaison between company employees and vendors with procurement, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations and settlements.
- Preparation and submission of change requests for 'Build Related Contract Assumptions' ensuring timely review, approval and submission in accordance with the Project Agreement.
- Experience in compiling construction claims and construction variations.
- Work with the Build & Finance Department to coordinate Build Related Contract Assumption requirements.
- Experience in report writing using information taken from technical and contractual documents in order to comply with contract requirements.
- Develop redlined recommendations, strategy, and negotiations with contractor legal teams in conjunction with procurement until consensus has been reached
- Monitor competitive terms. Monitor contractor satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
- Assist in ensuring signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Ensure contract close-out
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Administer applications for payment and payment of subcontractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Prepare monthly subcontractor reports
- Prepare subcontract payment certificates
- Carry out subcontractor assessments
- Prepare tender risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Work with the Legal & Finance Department to coordinate contractual insurance requirements.
- Preparation and justification of any variations or claims permitted under the contract(s) with the Department, contractors or suppliers.
- Work with Finance and project manager to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc. (May include 'financial engineering' and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.)
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree qualification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Surveying or Commercial Management
- Commercial Professional with 6 years post-qualification experience in infrastructure and / or telecommunications industry.
- Extensive understanding of the civil engineering / infrastructure / utilities industry
- Exceptional commercial contract management strategy experience with tangible ability and clear plan to deliver timely and high-quality proposals
- Firm understanding of contracts methods, Commercial Management, Cost Management, Cost Planning
- Proven influencing skills with contractors and vendors up to C level
- Prior experience and leadership of risk management during every commercial step, with ability identify appropriate mitigation actions to reduce NBIs exposure
- Good attention to detail, with a methodical and analytical approach to work
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on, flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.