- BBBH824294 Aug 03, 2022 €50k - €70k
This is a great opportunity for someone with over 3 years Project Management experience to work in an exciting Irish manufacturing company in the Dublin area.
A leading Electrical Switchgear and Control Panel Manufacturer. They produce a complete range of Switchgear for large scale industrial and commercial projects in multiple sectors such as Oil, Gas & Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Water Treatment, Data Centres, Mining & Metals, Food & Beverage, Infrastructure and Airports. We are currently recruiting a Projects Manager with Switchgear Experience to manage and oversee a very busy projects department. This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will have full responsibility to ensure all projects are delivered as per schedule combining effective collaboration across all departments, in particular the Production Dept and the management of key personnel to ensure all deliverables are executed.
- Reporting to the Head of Project Management this position presents an excellent opportunity for a qualified professional pertaining to design engineering and key project management functions of electrical switchgear production.
- The Project Manager will play a lead role in delivering Switchgear Projects to Customers.
- Key responsibilities include complete project management responsibility for Customer facing projects, developing project schedules, tracking projects to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget.
- The project manager will be the key point of contact for Customer facing projects.
- The successful candidate will be required to have Switchgear technical knowledge, and an ability to project manage successfully.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple Electrical Switchgear projects from detailed specification through to delivery to the customer
- Work closely with customers to ensure requirements are fully understood and documented
- Work closely with all functions to develop project schedules and cost estimates
- Manage project schedules and budgets to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Manage change requests including cost impact, schedule impact and approval of changes
- Liaising with key customers, sub-contractors and suppliers, including site surveys and meetings.
- Work closely with Engineers to Create Bill of Materials and work closely with Procurement to ensure materials are delivered on schedule.
- Work closely with Production to ensure project is delivered to agreed schedule
Key Competencies / Requirements:
- Proven experience in a related position / comparable role involving exposure to switchgear design
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Proven experience in project management, including managing costs and schedule
- Proven experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to respond to a fast-moving business environment
- Excellent attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and concepts Education:
- Third Level Technical Qualification or equivalent
- Electrical Engineering Degree a benefit
- Formal Project Management Experience a benefit, i.e. PMP, Prince, etc…
- 5+ years in a Project Manager or Project Engineer role
- Experience with Electrical Switchgear and/or Electro-Mechanical Equipment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300