Project Accountant (12-18 month FTC)
- 1365 Nov 24, 2020 Competitive
12-18 month Fixed term contract based in City West, start asap! The Project Accountant will be initially tasked with managing a Permitted Expenditure' (PE) project and will become the subject matter e
12-18 month Fixed term contract based in City West, start asap! The Project Accountant will be initially tasked with managing a Permitted Expenditure' (PE) project and will become the subject matter expert for this critical deliverable.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the PE definitions, categories, stipulations, and clauses as outlined in their contract, and implement processes to operationalise them.
- Prepare a periodic PE Report by accessing primary financial data; reviewing transactional level data; reviewing GL and cost centre allocations; stripping out non-PE transactions; posting and documenting adjustments.
- Collaborate with Finance Operations team to query and gain an understanding of transactions. Test the recording and allocation of transactions for compliance with PE requirements.
- Develop a new PE data extraction process once a new ERP system is put in place. Become a strong user of the ERP system to access information, strengthen PE data, add efficiencies to the process. Introduce automation to the end-to-end process where possible.
- Co-ordinate the status of the PE process with the DCCAE.
- Prepare subsidy claim documentation including PE Report, PE Confirmation Letter, specific calculations to support certain transactions, PE Tracker, and coordinate the Cash Balances Test with Head of Treasury
- Management reporting & PE forecasting
- Keep stakeholders briefed on the status of PE including the quantum of YTD PE
Knowledge & Experience:
- A qualified Accountant with Project Finance Manager experience is preferred.
- A dynamic skillset is required with ability to work across finance, legal, PMO, and strong general business skills including influencing and negotiation.
- Proven ability to assimilate and interpret legal text and documents, although no formal legal qualification is expected.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills to analyse and manipulate data e.g. proficiency with pivot tables, vlookups, and sumif.
- Maturity to take ownership of a deliverable and tenacity to see it through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving mindset, and attention to detail.
- Structured and organised work practices.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work effectively with people at various levels of the organization.