- BBBH756763 Oct 06, 2021 €70k - €90k
The successful candidate must have the ability to lead a technical team, trouble shoot deep technical problems to root cause and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing engineering team.
This role will report to the engineering manager on site in North Dublin and will form part of a flexible engineering team covering manufacturing engineering, new product development and commercial product engineering.
- Provide technical support to production for medical devices in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- Develop & sustain world class manufacturing and supply chain processes to suit low volume manufacture in association with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for day to day management of manufacturing engineering ensuring KPI's are trending positively and proactively ensuring no missed outputs while delivering CI.
- Requires an ability to analyze deep technical problems to root cause with a structured approach and develop solutions across different technologies (materials, mechanical, electrical, software). Act as a source of technical reference and key decision maker in technology or process area.
- Define and lead technology transfer initiatives, lead design of product enhancements and validation of design changes.
- Participate in new product developments by providing design for manufacture guidance in alignment with Lean and 6 sigma manufacturing techniques.
- Must have excellent people management skills to lead a team of Engineers in their work, with direct mentoring to ensuring the development of a high performance team.
- Lead the team to design solutions for products and process across different disciplines (mechanical, electronic, electrical, or software).
- Have excellent knowledge of verification & validation related to design and process changes. Understand boundary and robustness testing to verify electromechanical and software solutions.
- Manage a complex work scope and provide comprehensive reporting to the business level product teams on key technical initiatives.
- Manage a budget, CAPEX, OPEX to complete the assigned work scope.
- Medium level of statistics knowledge to understand process control and sampling rationale.
- Manage product and component redesign initiatives in response to obsolescence, enhancement, reliability or design to cost initiatives in a regulated environment.
- Hire and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Set goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
- Develops strategy for implementation of continuous improvement methodologies to increase quality and efficiency of product and process operations.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience for this role:
Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully in order to build positive relationships and improve business results.
Requires highly developed leadership skills/experience sufficient to assume the responsibilities of this management position, including the ability to map task interdependencies, multi-task, prioritize such tasks, meet deadlines, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
Have strong analysis skills with experience of complex technical trouble shooting, excellent communications skills, written and verbal. Experience implementing engineer changes in a highly regulated environment.
Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment with strong ability to establish technical and professional credibility.
Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable. Experience in modern world class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six sigma, DOE, JIT) required.
Strong Mechanical/ Electro mechanical / systems design skills for both product and manufacturing fixtures
Must be able to manage and resolve conflicting product and project requirements and be a strong team player with ability to collaborate across functional areas.
Knowledge and experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/ISO, and mfg. automation.
Advanced verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills are essential.
Hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline (electrical, electronic, mechanical, systems or computer science) with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience across different technologies in a manufacturing engineering environment that has experience of Design changes, NPI and technology transfers. Previous experience in medical devices industry would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Manager | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300