- 1404 Jan 05, 2021 Competitive
Develop and apply a robust Evaluation Methodology and all the required associated operational reports to support the implementation of the Project Agreement Contract Assumptions
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
Develop and apply a robust Evaluation Methodology and all the required associated operational reports to support the implementation of the Project Agreement Contract Assumptions as they apply at the relevant Design Stage and Build Stage milestone achievement points in the Access Network Deployment Programme.
- Undertake critical review of the Project Agreement as applicable to the M1(Design Complete,) and the M2 (Build Complete) achievement milestones to determine and agree their application from a volumes, cost and subsidy impact perspective.
- Develop and refine the data analyses methodologies to identify the qualifying events and occurrences that qualify for treatment the design and build Contract assumptions.
- Support the securing of agreement with the DECC on the required evidence to substantiate all submissions under the Design and Build stage contract assumptions.
- Define the data analyses parameters and report definition for Design Contractors to support High Level Design to Low Level Design comparison and variance analyses.
- Develop and apply template report structure for all Contract assumption claim submissions
- Develop and apply template report structure for all Milestone Achievement Reports
- Deliver the documented variance analyses with supporting reports for each deployment area (227) as they reach the M1 milestone and the M2 milestone stage.
- Undertake the analysis (including Volume/Price/Mix analysis) driven by Contract Assumptions per the Project Agreement for each of the 227 Deployment Areas. Requires the production of support workings for the Approval to Proceed (ATP) process between NBI and the DCCAE supporting the achievement of key milestones
- Engagement with key business units, Design, Build, Commercial and Finance to ensure all inputs are understood and provided in a timely fashion to meet key milestone dates.
- Support the Programme Management Office and assigned Project Managers to track progress of process and issues management. Provide timely forecasting of milestone achievement profiles.
- Developing contractual guidance and direction to support Financial and Commercial units in the management of project milestone compliance.
- Investigate, manage and close out internal and external issues/queries in relation to the ATP and Cost Impact Assessments made
- Continually review and improve efficiency of process by identifying opportunities any making recommendations to further improve
- Be an Operations Champion in driving precision, accuracy and attention to detail in all data production, analyses, reporting work ensuring solid governance is in place
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in Access Network Design Compliance and evaluation. Ideally this will have been in a Passive Optical Network Environment.
- Experience in Access network As-Built evaluation and assessment, ideally in a Fibre to the Home environment
- Experience and a thorough understanding of the drivers and influences of Access network Architecture and technical Design features.
- Minimum 3 years' experience at an analyses and report writing level within a complex Network Design and Construction environment.
- Network Design and Deployment experience with a large project would be a distinct advantage
- Experience and strength in distilling complex engineering information for communication to non-engineering stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and work in a cross functional environment and build relationships internally.
- Experience in developing and improving processes in order to gain efficiencies.
- Proactively look to simplify work and find ways to do work better and faster and always look for solutions in the face of uncertainty and change. Lean / 6 sigma qualifications preferred
- Experience in developing and delivering reporting to support decision making.
- Experience in the construction/telecommunications/utilities industries
- Outstanding internal and external written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland.