- 1454 Feb 23, 2021 Competitive
Seeking an experienced HR Business Partner for this 6 month FTC. The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It is radically transfo
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It is radically transforming the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education, and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built, and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced HR Business Partner who wants to jump in head-first and help scale a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth. You will directly contribute to the expansion by executing operational efficiency and implementing scalability projects for growth with a focus on recruitment, performance management, building leadership capabilities, employee engagement and driving a culture of empowerment and collaboration by championing the NBI Values across the organisation.
- Support the planning and delivery of HR initiatives such as Performance Management; Annual Objective Setting, End of Reviews & Calibration, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Employee Surveys, Employee Recognition Programmes and Fun Events.
- Provide coaching and support to the business areas on all people related matters, providing information and advice in line with HR policies, relevant legislation, and best practice.
- Work closely with the wider HR team and business to develop innovative approaches to building an enhanced culture of high engagement and high performance.
- Partnering with business areas to manage ER cases to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Drive talent acquisition strategy in collaboration with our external partner Morgan McKinley to meet business demands and anticipate future needs.
- Provide ongoing support to business areas by coaching hiring managers on recruitment processes and assisting on interview panels, qualifying suitable candidates.
- Partner and coach people managers to improve their leadership capability and talent management of their team.
- Collaborate with business areas and L&D to drive a culture of ongoing learning and personal development.
- Support and coach people managers to build robust onboarding and induction plans.
- Ongoing analysis of key people metrics to cascade appropriate reporting to business areas.
- Support the planning and implementation of various HR related projects and initiatives across the business.
- Build strong collaborative and trusting partnerships with management.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years' HR experience (Generalist or Business Partner).
- Third Level Degree (HR or Business discipline preferable).
- Proven experience in driving projects and balancing project management with operational demand.
- Previous experience of delivering HR initiatives; performance management, talent management, employee engagement, and workforce planning.
- A strong working knowledge of Irish Employment Law.
- Strong experience in managing ER processes/ procedures.
- Comfortable to deliver tasks to tight and often changing deadlines.
- Proactive approach, self-starter and willing to take initiative.
- Dynamic and energetic communication style with the ability to work within a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office suite - Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Morgan McKinley are working as a Recruitment Partner with NBI.