- 1330 Dec 17, 2020 Competitive
Are you an experienced telecoms connections QC?
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
To achieve an exemplary customer experience, NBI have a challenging set of service level agreements to provide connections to customers premises, restore service in the event of an outage and deliver high quality broadband products with stringent performance characteristics.
In this regard, we are seeking experienced personnel with a track record of problem solving in telecommunications networks to be a member of our quality control team in Network Operations.
- To act as the quality control for customer connections and service repair activities by the Connections & Assurance contractor(s).
- To validate the work codes and materials deployed as invoiced by the contractor against the connections design and the actual deployment
- To minimise cost variations between connections design and deployment
- To initially act as the approver of small cost variations with the contractor in order to understand variations and take joint actions to reduce them
- To investigate and feedback the reasons for high cost connections (>€5k and €1k-€5k cost bands)
- To sample check connection designs, job packs and cost estimates supplied by Design from the Design contractor(s)
- To provide reports on activities undertaken and to provide feedback across the business to improve the quality assurance processes
- To review and validate documents received from NBID in support of new network acceptance and handover process.
- Ownership of the QC program for customer connections and service
- Verification of compliance with the network architecture rules
- Act to minimise the level of required in-field changes to the initial connection designs
- Review and Approve appropriate in-field changes within defined budgetary limits and escalate were necessary.
- Work to ensure changes to design are properly costed, approved and electronically captured.
- Work to ensure that installation and assurance related invoicing and all materials management elements are accurate and up to date.
- Be a source of ideas and innovation to improve the accuracy of the delivery of services to customers
- Assessments of the contractor(s) performance in regard to network build of customer connections, in-home connection, service repair and restoration.
- Variance reports on cost deviations between initial connections design cost and deployed costs
- Reports on outcomes of investigations and recommendations regarding high cost connections.
- Assessment and recommendations of variations and improvements for the design outputs of customer connections
- Quality improvement proposals and plans
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience with GIS and analytics in SmallWorld and ArcGIS.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAGE or SAP.
- 3 + years' experience in the production of Fibre Access Network Detailed designs or similar.
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Experience of local authority licencing, wayleave process and related requirements.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop new skills both individually and as a team member.
- Ability to successfully interact with external partners/vendors.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent ambassador for the NBI values and ethos, promoting both behavioural and role modelling traits.
Morgan McKinley and National Broadband Ireland are working in partnership.