- 1373 Jan 14, 2021 Competitive
*The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with external licencing authorities
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with external licencing authorities including, but not limited to, the 31 Local Authorities (LAs) and Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan in the most efficient and time critical manner. Specifically working relationships at all engineering levels within the LAs need to be established and maintained.
- Operational Agreement and process with the in-scope Local/Permit Authorities
- Scheduling and attendance of meetings with Local Authority engineers to discuss and agree process for applying for T1s and T21s
- Regular Communications Process, at various levels, with both Internal and External Stakeholders for the duration of the NBP Rollout
- Support the LA Permits and Licencing Executives, when necessary, in the processing of licences and act as a technical escalation point when required.
- Support NBI Build and Project Managers and Build Contractors with resolution of licence application queries.
- Liaise with Local/Permit Authorities to develop process to ensure necessary licence and permits are in place in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain process and procedure to interface with licencing authorities and foster a business-like but congenial working environment
- Liaise and Develop business relationships with local government bodies/agencies e.g. RMO
- Liaise with Local Authorities for the Deployment Areas kick off meetings with NBI Build Managers and appointed Build Contractors.
- Technical point of escalation for Build Managers to manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy licence and permits.
- Support the Build Director and Build Managers in the timely delivery of the project on a per Deployment Basis.
- Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that will deliver tangible improvements of programme performance.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in utility operational roles essential
- 5+ years' experience in a results-oriented environment
- Experience of multi-functional and cross -functional project delivery
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level documentation skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience of planning and Local Authority process a distinct advantage
- Deep and full understanding of Dept. of Environment and Local government guidelines (Purple Book)
- Strong team player
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.