- Nov 24, 2022
- €50k - €70k
A government agency is looking for a Junior Data Protection Officer and Compliance Specialist to join their rapidly expanding Dublin based team.
Official Title: Information Governance and Compliance Specialist
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hybrid: One day a week in office, 4 days from home
A government agency is looking for a qualified individual for a position as a Junior Data Protection Officer and Compliance Specialist. You would also act as the company's Freedom of Information Officer.
The successful candidate will have lead responsibility for the maintenance and development of the information governance framework that ensures the company's compliance with Data Protection legislation, FOI legislation and Protected Disclosures legislation. You would also play a key role in further embedding GDPR in the company and in ensuring compliance with the company's obligations under GDPR.
- Take a lead in developing, implementing, maintaining and updating Information Compliance related policies and procedures
- Keep relevant internal company policies and ensure that they are kept up to date and followed by staff accordingly
- Ensure compliance policies are kept up-to-date and followed by staff accordingly
- Ensure that regulatory frameworks are up to date and that appropriate training and relevant updates are provided to all staff
- Ensure compliance information and documentation published on the company website is kept up-to-date and revised as and when required
You will also act as point of contact for any dealings related to the following:
- Data Protection Acts 1988-2018
- Freedom of Information Act 2014
- Protected Disclosures Act 2014-2022
What is required from you:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- A qualification in a relevant discipline such as Compliance, Data Protection, Governance, Legal, Business is desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation and regulations
- Strong communication skills with a track record of working effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills and proactive mindset
- Self-directed and resilient, taking personal responsibility for the delivery of objectives and overcoming challenges
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.