Dublin City Centre
- BBBH783385 May 26, 2021 €50k - €70k
A leading PLC company is now looking to hire a Company Secretary for a 12 month fixed term contract which reports to the Deputy Group Company Secretary.
The role involves supporting the Deputy Group Company Secretary and Assistant Company Secretary, Company Secretarial Practice, in ensuring the completion of all company secretarial practice requirements as they relate to the Group plc, and its subsidiaries, to include compliance with the Companies Act 2014, listing rules and applicable corporate governance obligations.
- Provide company secretarial support to the main Irish subsidiaries as well as a number of other subsidiaries. This will involve:
- Working with the Assistant Company Secretary and the Subsidiary Board Chairs in planning, organising Committee Meeting
- Attending and taking detailed minutes of Subsidiary Board and Committee meetings
- Ensuring that the Subsidiary Boards and Committees are managed efficiently and effectively though the implementation of work programmes and agendas, scheduling items for consideration in accordance with the Group's strategic priorities, organising clear and appropriate papers and preparing detailed fit for purpose minutes so that fiduciary and banking requirements are met;
- Support the delivery of the annual effectiveness evaluation process for the Subsidiaries;
- Engaging with the Chair, Managing Director, Senior Executives and Independent Non-Executive Directors on best corporate governance practices;
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with the CBI Corporate Governance Requirements; Ensuring compliance with the Companies Act, 2014 and filings submitted to the Companies Registration Office (when required):
- Support the Assistant Company Secretary in the process for delivering and on-boarding new directors to Subsidiary Boards in line with Board approved Policy; ensure provision of an appropriate training and development programme for appointees;
- Liaise with wider Corporate Governance team as required to ensure information is shared and subsidiary Board level activities are coordinated as appropriate;
- Ensure that the subsidiary entities and their Directors are aware of and compliant with applicable company law, corporate governance and other statutory and regulatory obligations along with compliance with internal governance and subsidiary management policies and procedures so as to protect the interests of the Group and its Officers;
- Work with the Assistant Company Secretary to ensure that the statutory obligations of the Groupc and the 80+ subsidiaries; Submissions to the Companies Registration Office including Annual Returns, Financial Statements and changes to the Board, Constitution, Share Capital, Beneficial Ownership register etc. In addition support the subsidiary rationalisation process to deliver a simple and efficient group organisational structure;
- Conduct regular assurance checks of compliance with the various obligations of the Group; maintaining supporting evidence and documentation and providing assurances as to compliance standards;
- Work with the Assistant and Deputy Group Secretaries in managing the Group's Registrar relationship and related activities including all shareholder communications and meeting requirements;
- Monitor upstream regulation and best practice company secretarial, company law and listing developments and provide briefings to the team on requirements arising therefrom;
- Attend internal and external company secretarial, shareholder requirements and legal working group meetings and conferences on behalf of the office and ensure that the office is kept abreast of developments and has the opportunity to input into related consultation processes;
- Work with the Assistant Company Secretary and the wider Corporate Governance team in fulfilling the broader accountabilities of the team in an enhanced controlled environment;
- Work with, support and deputise for the Assistant Company Secretary, Company Secretarial Practice as directed.
Relevant experience and qualifications:
For this role, there is a preference for professionally qualified candidates (ideally ICSA or relevant legal or business qualifications) or candidates undergoing, or about to commence, relevant exams.
A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar role to include board meeting attendance and strong minute drafting skills. Experience in a listed and regulated environment is highly desirable. Strong technical ability with in depth knowledge of the Companies Act 2014 is required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Consultant | Legal Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4485631