- Feb 07, 2024
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) is currently accepting applications for the role of Full stack Java Developer to join their growing team!
We are National Broadband Ireland and we are delivering the largest telecommunications project that Ireland has ever seen. We are designing, building and operating Ireland's new, high-speed wholesale broadband network under the National Broadband Plan. Our aim is to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBI™ network using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment will deliver high-speed broadband to over 1.1 million people and over 569,000 premises in Ireland. No matter how remote or rural, no town, village or community will be left behind. NBI will be responsible for the management of the new national broadband network for the next 25 years.
We are seeking a Senior Java Developer (full stack). Within the role the successful candidate will work very closely with all NBI teams from across the company in the delivery of new feature and maintance of the NBI OSS/BSS platform. This will drive our platform evolution..
This role is part of the OE Support team and requires comfort within a constantly changing environment. It requires attention to detail, ability to solve problems and develop strong relationships internally and externally to deliver a high quality of of support services.
- Help translate high level business ideas into viable solutions, delivering these solutions in an iteratively way & under time-boxed constraints
- Work with all X3T teams to quickly develop full stack solutions using the most appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcome.
- Regularly engage in a highly collaborative way with local and remote stakeholders, product owners etc to design, deliver and demo solutions to their requirements.
- Support Release management teams to setup and manage the technical delivery frameworks and environments (repositories, tools, automation, test-frameworks, automated deployment etc.) ensuring a continuous and iterative delivery approach.
- Ensure all assigned work is completed to a high level of quality and in line with agreed timelines & costs.
- Manage, own, and maintain a clear understanding of the scope and timelines of all initiatives underway (or in the pipeline) across the team.
- 5-8 years of experience in software development, preferably with some experience in a start-up. Experience in a telecommunications role / organisation would be of benefit but not essential.
- Extensive experience with Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security (Oauth2). Experience with Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Assure, Spring Cloud for AWS etc) would be beneficial.
- Experience in with delivering web based services, REST API and core services, and integration with other systems via REST / SOAP API. Knowledge of Angular, React, Vue would be an advantage, alternatively the use of Spring MVC with Thymeleaf / Mustache / Grails or similar templating frameworks.
- Some experience in software testing (unit tests / integration tests/ end to end tests / performance tests). It is also desirable to have some experience with Test Driven and Behaviour driven development (TDD/BDD) [Junit, TestNG, Spock, Mockito, Cucumber, Jasmine, Selenium, Playwright, Postman, JMeter, Gatling]
- Some experience working with databases with RDBMS and NOSQL, such as MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, DynamoDB.
- Experience with code versioning and management tools like Git & Github
- Understanding of Swagger / OpenAPI for API design. Some experience with delivering solutions based on these API designs would be preferable.
- Comprehensive SDLC experience in an agile environment. Demonstrable solution delivery skills with a focus on end-to-end delivery.
- Experience of managing solution scope and delivering concurrent projects within tight constraints.
- Experience with Messaging platforms is desirable (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JMS, Kafka)
- Experience in delivery of solutions to one or more cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of containerisation, delivering containerised applications (Docker, Podman). Knowledge of Kubernetes would be of benefit (AKS, EKS, OpenShift)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Appropriate work permits to work in Ireland.
Influencing & Winning Commitment
Oral & Written Communication
For more Information on National Broadband Ireland please visit:
Welcome to National Broadband Ireland - NBI