Financial Accountant - Insurance
Dublin City Centre
- BBBH793854 Sep 21, 2021 Competitive
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Financial Accountant to join this leading Insurance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Financial Accountant to join this leading Insurance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to growth in an international risk and insurance environment as part of this leading Financial Services company.
- Overall responsibility for management of a portfolio of (re)insurance companies.
- Responsible for ensuring that client companies under management comply with Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) regulations and filing requirements together with Solvency II legislation and guidelines
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with assigned clients, and gaining an understanding of the clients' business and industry.
- Responsible for production of accurate and timely financial and management information for the clients to facilitate effective decision making.
- Relationship management with owner/parent company, insurance regulator, directors, auditors, actuaries, bankers, tax advisers etc.
- Account Management for specific clients:
- Work closely with underwriting team to ensure that each of our client companies' reporting and control requirements are met in full, and on a timely basis.
- Review and or preparation of Management Accounts, and any other ad hoc reports and budgets, forecasts etc
- Preparation and timely filing of all regulatory and statistical reporting requirements.
- Preparation of client companies' year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Monitoring of adherence to Solvency II requirements including
- Monitoring and ensuring that each company complies with Irish Company Law.
- Liaising with tax advisors to ensure clients are in compliance with all relevant tax heads.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Solvency II Functions: Risk, Compliance, Actuarial and Internal Audit.
- Hold a professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA etc.)
- 1 + years Post-qualification experience
- Strong knowledge of international accounting standards
- Have experience of Irish Regulatory environment, including Solvency II regime
- Have experience of in/reinsurance accounting preparation
- Knowledge of captive insurance industry
- work independently and within a team
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Manager | Accountancy & Finance Recruitment
+353 (1) 6324642