- Dublin South
- JN -082023-1944696
- Feb 09, 2024
- €70k - €90k
An opportunity has arisen to join the Group Company Secretarial team in an industry-leading Irish company as Company Secretary. The company is dual listed in Ireland and the UK.
Offering a broad remit, the role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to make an impression in a highly visible role with exposure to senior executive management and Board directors.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the individual appointed will play a key role within the Group Company Secretarial function to deliver a professional, efficient and high-quality company secretarial service and ensure compliance with relevant obligations under company law, stock exchange rules and corporate governance guidelines. the job requires three days in office attendance and two days working remotely.
- Relevant professional qualification (ICSA, Legal, Accounting)
- Solid company secretarial experience in a similar role in a corporate environment
- Previous experience in a plc environment essential
- Solid technical knowledge of company law and corporate governance standards and practices
- Providing support and assistance to the Company Secretary on day-to-day company secretarial and corporate governance matters and to assist in the managing, mitigating and monitoring of corporate governance risk
- Ensuring that the corporate governance and administration of the company comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, listing rules, governance standards and internal policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date with legal developments and corporate governance standards
- Overseeing, developing and implementing effective Board and Committee processes and controls to ensure an appropriate and professional administrative service is delivered in support of the Board directors and in response to regulatory and industry changes
- Preparing agendas, drafting board papers and resolutions, preparing board packs, organizing, attending and minuting Board and Committee meetings
- Maintaining and managing a schedule of agenda items and actions in respect of Board and Committee meetings and following up with responsible executives
- Managing all statutory/filing requirements and related internal processes, including ensuring all annual returns, filings and registrations are accurate and made on time
- Ensuring the maintenance of all statutory records and company registers for the company and all subsidiaries
- Managing the Group's registrar relationship and related activities, including all shareholder requirements, communications and meeting requirements
- Arranging regulatory announcements and Central Bank filings
- Administering the Group's employee and executive share schemes
- Preparing relevant documentation for and managing the company's AGM and EGMs
- Assisting with the production of the Annual Report, including drafting and review of narrative reporting and obtaining approvals
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as required and as part of Legal and Finance teams
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accurate, quality work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the business and at all levels of management up to and including Board of Director level
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities and execute against deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.