- BBBH795637 Oct 08, 2021 Competitive
The Junior Atlassian Application Administrator will support the suite of Atlassian applications, and is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and extending our applications.
1. Purpose of the Role
The Junior Atlassian Application Administrator will support the suite of Atlassian applications, and is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and extending our applications. The Atlassian Application Administrator will support the adoption of the Atlassian suite across all areas of the EI business, integrate Atlassian products with other internal applications, and drive efficiencies for our organisation.
As we continue to evolve our ways of working through the PCD Journey and Agile transformation, the Atlassian suite of tools (including Jira, Confluence and Tempo) will become increasingly key to this success.
The Junior Atlassian Application Administrator will support, maintain, and extend our efficient and consistent usage of Atlassian applications aligned to our principles of transparency, accountability, ownership and collaboration. The person will support the adoption of Jira and Confluence across all areas of the EI business
3. Principal Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Key High-level responsibilities
- Configuration, maintenance, upgrades and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Service Desk, Crowd, Tempo & OpsGenie)
- Evaluate and manage the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Work with product, development and design teams to identify procedural efficiencies, such as with Jira Workflows, custom fields, Product Templates etc.
- Devise, test, and deploy integration's between Atlassian products and other internal tool chains
- Conduct training & training documents for employees and new hires on JIRA and briefing the team/s on new functionalities (add-ons & upgrades)
- Research and implement new approaches on Jira, Tempo and Confluence usage, including working with third party suppliers
- Develop dashboards for various roles promoting consistency and full utilisation of the Atlassian suite for Jira and Tempo
- Prompt issue resolution for users queries & incidents in for the Atlassian suite of products in coordination with admins & partner support team
4. Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
a: Essential Qualifications/Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-management capability able to work efficiently through backlog work packages
- Working knowledge of both Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Strong listening, analytical, problem solving and, with close attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally at levels up to Director, and ability to make complex technology problem simple to the business. Must be capable of understanding and communicating the "big picture"
- Robust relationship management, capable of working with all levels within the organisation by building effective relationships
b: Essential competencies/skills
- Previous Atlassian suite administration experience
- Have a solid overview of Agile ways of working and understanding of the framework, be able to adapt templates and tools as required.
- Practical knowledge of Tempo Time, and the JIRA Admin on 'Script Runner',
- Experience integrating Atlassian products with other systems
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in groovy scripting
c: Desirable Criteria
- Strong experience in working with third party suppliers in the delivery of business or IT change initiatives
- In-depth understanding of product lifecycle and delivery, preferably at an enterprise level
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | IT Recruitment
353 (0) 1 4321555