- JN -022023-1924958
- Feb 03, 2023
- €50k - €70k
An exciting opportunity to join a multinational organisation based in Cork on a permanent basis as a Warehouse Operations Manager
Warehouse Operations Manager - Cork
As Warehouse Operations Manager you will be responsible for all operational duties in the Cork distribution centre. The role will drive a safety first, best in class health and safety environment, and deliver the day-to-day KPIs and service requirements for the operation. Leading, managing and coaching the team, the role is also responsible for ensuring optimal levels of efficiency and creating and delivering a continuous improvement culture.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing costs in line with service expectations, and to oversee and be responsible for stock control and inventory management.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is customer focused as well as being efficiency driven.
- Create and maintain a strong heath and safety culture within the warehouse, upholding excellent housekeeping standards at all times
- Ensure all mechanical equipment is maintained to the highest operational standards and all health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Ensure all safe systems of work and risk assessments are up to date and are trained to all appropriate colleagues
- Ensure all customer experience related tasks and operational KPI's are achieved daily
- Monitor and report on the quality of service provided, taking remedial action to address any shortcomings in procedural, operational or service-related matters
- Devise and implement a Warehouse strategy that optimises efficiency
- Implement clear process's and procedures so that we can maximise the efficiency of the Operation
- Manage the agreed budget and account for variances. Create a plan to deliver savings against the budget
- Identify and support improvement and cost saving projects
- Where required, collaborate cross functionally to deliver on strategic initiatives
- Co-ordinate the rolling cyclic stock checks to meet the agreed annual programme
- Proven success managing a similar sized operation
- Demonstrable experience in budget management
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent IT skills and ability to interpret data
- Excellent people management skills
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong skills in warehouse and stock operations
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
- Senior Consultant | (Logistics, Transport, Warehousing & Trade Compliance) for Munster & Connaught