- BBBH783868 Jun 01, 2021 Competitive
Exciting permanent opportunity with an expanding transport company for immediate start. Further opportunity for growth and development.
The Transport Supervisor is responsible for looking after the complete relationship with the team and the customer, ensuring that they receive the most effective, responsive, and efficient service possible.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervision of all transport operations on a daily and annual basis.
- Drivers are de-briefed daily with appropriate records kept and issues escalated as required.
- Ensuring that all internal systems used within the Department are adhered to and assist in the development of these.
- Management of ensuring legal compliance and in particular working hours and Health & Safety.
- Participates in operational planning.
- Management of budgetary control.
- To provide essential cover in the absence of the Warehouse Managers.
- Prioritise customer service.
- Liaise with the other departments to ensure efficient deliveries to customers.
- Co-ordinate order fulfilment requirements with a route scheduling system and backhaul to create the most efficient daily delivery schedule.
- Communicate the route schedule to stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Interest and knowledge in the Supply Chain
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills required whom also works as a team player, attention to detail is essential
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3rd level Qualification/Transport Manager CPC desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in FMCG
- Proven track record of effective resource management and people supervision
- Strong communication and IT skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Recruitment Consultant | Supply Chain Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300