Senior Flexibility Specialist
- BBBH793220 Sep 15, 2021 €50k - €70k
Utilising their knowledge of the energy flexibility sector, the Senior Flexibility Specialist provides strategic direction to the project development and software development team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Senior Flexibility Specialist serves as a leading expert in the technical, policy and market aspects of the UK energy flexibility sector.
- Serving as a technical, policy and market expert across the energy flexibility sector.
- Providing strategic direction to the software development team based on current flexibility market requirements and best practices.
- Providing strategic direction to the project development team based on current flexibility market requirements and best practices.
- Maintaining oversight and working knowledge of all active flexibility projects within the company portfolio.
- Playing a leading role in securing new flexibility project opportunities through the preparation and submission of tender applications and online bids via local flexibility platforms.
- Analysing and responding to industry consultations on behalf of the organisation.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with grid operators.
- Supporting the billing, invoicing and validation of the flexibility portfolio.
- Assisting the project development team in the submission of grid connection applications.
- Supporting the development of systems and processes required to deliver market-leading flexibility product solutions.
- Development of modelling, analysis, and business cases for flexibility assets.
- Producing quantitative analyses and market forecasts.
- Investigating new market entry, growth opportunities and commercial models.
- Performing gap analyses of technical system requirements for new flexibility services or markets both in the UK and internationally.
- Utilising data analytics to report on flexibility market trading performance.
- Advising on new and changing regulation that can impact on flexibility assets and developing proactive solutions to support the business.
- Presenting information on flexibility markets to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysing key changes to network charging that will impact existing assets or business strategy.
- Analysing the likely impact of different regulations and financial incentives on future investment
- Work with the leadership team to decide which flexibility projects are the highest priority against the business targets and which can be executed with the available resource.
- Developing and maintaining lasting relationships with partners, suppliers and consultants.
- Providing training and mentoring as needed.
- Carrying out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Upholding SMS' core values: Safety, Customer excellence, Sustainability, Innovation and Pride.
- Hold a relevant degree in an analytical STEM subject (e.g. Maths, Engineering, Physical Sciences), or equivalent, or any other related technical discipline if sufficient practical experience can be demonstrated.
This is an exciting role in a company with a start up feel.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300