- BBBH769965 May 19, 2021 €50k - €70k
Senior Financial Accountant Role with a global company based in Cork with an immediate start. This is a perfect opportunity for a qualified Big 4 Accountant with a few years PQE
Morgan McKinley are delighted to bring this new role to the market. We are working to place a Senior Financial Accountant with an exciting organisation based in Cork.
This role will involve complete accounting activities for business units within the EMEA Region. Activities include processing journal entries, completing reconciliations, maintaining relevant business unit general ledgers, intercompany accounting, fixed assets accounting, executing closing activities and submitting financial results.
- Responsible for the timely completion of business unit accounting activities
- Execute business unit accounting activities such as but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliation, intercompany accounting, fixed assets accounting, other account analyses and business unit closing activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls framework
- Assist in the execution of specific controls within accounting processes and other general accounting activities
- Help to maintain business unit regional ledgers within SAP, providing accurate and consistent records of assets, liabilities and transactions
- Execute regional closing activities in accordance with the close calendar and checklist and submit regional results for consolidation
- Complete US GAAP Accounting for Income Taxes
- Complete monthly / quarterly income tax accruals in accordance with US GAAP for SEC registrant
- Complete select Treasury activities including currency exposure data collection and analysis, bank account reconciliation, initiating payments and wires and helping with local Corporate Card program management
- Partner with other members of the Europe Financial Reporting & Accounting Group to resolve accounting issues and drive leading practices
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules along with SOX where applicable
- Participate in strategic continuous improvement initiatives in the organization, achieving identified goals (financial, process or talent)
- Promptly respond to information requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Comply with Europe Financial Reporting & Accounting Group and business unit service delivery guidelines
- BA / BS in Finance / Accounting (or local equivalent).
- Professional accountancy Qualification such as, CPA, CFA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA recommended.
- MS-Office, SAP experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience within R2R (or accounting) functions within a shared service center function for a multinational corporation preferred
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer management skills, analytical, change management and communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
Morgan McKinley are managing this vacancy on behalf of a client. Mark Stanton is the consultant looking after this vacancy.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Principal Consultant | Accounting & Finance Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300