- BBBH781542 May 05, 2021 Competitive
Our client based in Cork are seeking a QC Chemist III to join their team. Please see below for further information and to apply today.
In partnership with our client, a global biopharmaceutical company based in Cork, we are now recruiting for a QC Chemist III.
This QC Chemist III role is responsible for analytical operations including Analytical Method Transfers, New Product Introductions, process & cleaning optimisations, technical investigations and quality control testing to support GMP operations.
- Technical leadership of Analytical Method Validation/Transfers for Biological Products as appropriate.
- Execution of process and cleaning validation studies in support of New Product Introductions.
- Provision of technical support to Operations for investigations and optimisation projects.
- Deliver new technologies and continuous improvement initiatives to meet business requirements.
- Lead QC TS investigations/troubleshooting and technical projects within the function.
- Support the procurement and qualification of new equipment for new product technology transfers.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis (ex: UPLC, HPLC, CE,) and ability to critically evaluate data quality.
- Proficiently executes biological laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis (CE), and other separation techniques commonly used for biologics such as size-exclusion (SE) etc as well as Bio-Assays with experience in performing Cell Binding and Cell Cytotoxicity Assays
- Reviews data and results of testing to ensure compliance to appropriate specifications and protocols.
- Writes and executes protocols and reports.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced level of understanding of project goals and methods
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills
- Executes analysis efficiently, consistently, and with high quality and suggests improvements.
Skills & Expertise:
- Experience in test methods for biologic and biopharmaceutical products
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cGMP, quality control (QC), and regulatory requirements for GMP laboratories in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Advanced knowledge of current Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Hands-on experience with equipment qualification and analytical techniques such as UPLC/HPLC, CE, SE and potency assay is an advantage.
- Knowledge of software such as Empower and LIMS.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Significant years of relevant experience with a BA or BSc degree in Chemistry, Biopharmaceutical Science or equivalent.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Consultant | Engineering Recruitment
353 (0) 21 2300300