You are visiting this website from:
Skip to main content
- BBBH773789 Jan 20, 2021 Competitive
A Purchasing Supervisor is required for a permanent position in a tech company in Cork. This is a great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to grow their career.
- Develops, implements and assures compliance with Purchasing policies and procedures
- Supervises department to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved
- Responsible for managing the Global execution of Purchasing activity across a wide vendor base
- Responsible for managing expedite requests with the vendor base
- Responsible for communicating supply status to Senior Management and Customer Service
- Acts as an escalation point for all supply related issues
- Responsible for training, development and motivation of assigned staff
- Negotiates and/or approves purchase contractual agreements/orders within assigned dollar limits
- Participates in sourcing strategy, costs and vendor selection
- Provides input to the Purchasing department budget, relative to capital, expenses and headcount targets
- Develops staffing strategies, recruits and hires staff
- Supervises direct reports, carries out performance appraisals and salary reviews
- 5+ Years of experience in a procurement role
- SAP experience
- People management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Senior Consultant | Supply Chain & Procurement
021 2300 300